Sunday, February 28, 2021

February Projects

 I've had a good bit of quilty progress this month. 

Finished this 70" lap quilt for a friend.  She paid for the fabric and made a sizable donation (equivalent to the time I spent) to a charity of my choice.  We were both very happy with this plan. 
In the end, I only quilted flowers into those center squares and outlined the other boxes.  That kept the quilt super soft with the 50/50 Bamboo Cotton batting.  I haven't been able to find bamboo batting locally for years, but recently discovered I could order this on-line JoAnn's at a discount.  

Those greens really change according to the light so I call this quilt "Yellow" since that's what the recipient saw every time I sent photos. 

My Boomer quilt copped an attitude. 
But behaved by the end of the day. 
A Day of the Dead quilt for my buddy Boomer, a retired clown.

I have the fabrics purchased for my next project.  Which is actually a pair of quilts as a belated wedding gift for my daughter and son-in-law.  They got married in the midst of the pandemic and are planning a family gathering on the 1 year anniversary. 
The theme is Enchanted Forest.  I am allowed to share sneak peeks.   This is a raspberry that I designed which will be part of a center motif.    I am super excited about this project which will involve a lot of big, stylized leaves. 


My other accomplishment of the month was a 6 inch "Healing Heart" square that will become part of a quilt for a quilt designer who's daughter recently passed away. 
Also, I sewed a shirt for myself.  
Stretch lace panel on the back to show off the tattoo that I got in 2020. 

Now that I have a replacement surger, I better start sewing up the tubs of clothing fabrics I've bought for myself.  


No comments: