I got so much done this weekend in the realm of quilting...although not much in the way of finished product to show off. Spent the weekend with Anna of Victoria Rose Quilts. We were planning quilt events to be held at Western Heritage Arts Center in West Yellowstone, Montana. The hard part was narrowing down our thousands of ideas and dozens of designs. The planned May 2010 event will be dinner & a trunk show Friday night with an all day Saturday workshop (piecing in the morning, applique in the afternoon). We still need to confirm the dates with the Heritage Arts Center, but we're looking at May 15 which is the opening of fishing season (calling all fishing widows...). The bear quilt that I made for my hubby years ago is being re-designed into a baby quilt called "Baby Bear". Anna is moving this one to the top of her project list, and I'm excited to see it made in batiks!!!
I managed to squeeze in a little needle time and got the Columbine 2 prototype done. The only big challenge I see for others trying this design is keeping the seam allowances down to 1/8 inch so the gaps that are outlines on this design don't get too big and distort the image. I have Columbine 3 cut out and basted, so hope to have it done by the end of the day. I've decided that #4 that I designed earlier doesn't fit with the others...so it's literally "back to the drawing board" for me. In addition to the reverse applique silhouette versions, I also plan to make a multi-color version using back basting. This project has moved the top of my list with a deadline to have finished quilts to admire and patterns to purchase by the mid-May workshop date.
Whew! So much to get done....better get off the computer and get to action.