Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break - Update 1

We're staying home for spring break, and the weather is predicted to be cold and rainy.   This is my opportunity to catch up on all those things that I started over Christmas break...and that need to be finished by Summer.  My goal by week end:  Finish 2 quilts - The SD Ashley Double Irish Chain (needs binding and some missing stitching), and the black silhouette columbine quilt (needs piecing, machine quilting & binding).  Get to the next cut-off point for the Joseph's Coat quilt (35 blocks).  Have at least 1/2 of the NH Ashley quilt completely quilted (Have 3/4 of the field quilting done, but need to join, do the joining quilting, and the outside border).   I really need to finish that one so I can start another that needs to be finished by May 15...but I'm not sure my hands will hold up to that much hand quilting in such a short time.   I may also have to work on some piecing projects, as there are 3 other quilts I want to finish by July 1, and I'm going to have to take breaks from the hand quilting.

First update  is for the JC.  Here are blocks 26-32.  I have the final 3 toward the cut-off started.

No comments: