Joseph's Coat technique that I used, is that you end up with a huge pile of cut away scraps. (This is about 1/2 of the total)
And I came up with a crazy quilt variation that I wanted to try. My vision was of Spring Thaw on a frozen lake. Chunks of ice floating on the water...just before it all sinks and disappears.
Double Irish Casserole to one side of the white scraps. It was at this point that I'd read an article on Leaders & Enders, and sewed a bunch of these while I was finishing up the Pinwheel quilt.
Quilhexle's improv project and Root Connection's Gee's Bend inspired quilt, I decided to start sewing pieces together and see what happened.
Being as how I'm no good at random, I sorted the sets into 5 piles with the intention to divide the prints up a little all over the finished quilt. I put a pile under my chair with the goal of pulling pieces randomly & blindly, and finding a way to make it work.
It's not at all what I imagined it to look like. But I like it.
I've taken over Skater Girl's bedroom for this project, so I better hurry and finish before she gets home Wed.