Sunday, August 29, 2010

More State Blocks

I finished a few blocks this weekend.  This is "Southern Belle".  The red/gold fabric was sent by Anne at Film and Thread.  I am so thankful that she was one of the first who answered my request for fabrics.  I contemplated about a dozen different designs for Alabama, then took the easy way out.


Lynne at Quilting in the Pines sent this fabric from Montana.     I just found out that she also bought some Minnesota and North Dakota fabric while she was on vacation.  THANKS!  This is "Delectable Mountains".   I'm hoping that we can meet in person in a few weeks when Harley Dude and I have weekend get-away planned not far from where she lives.

The most amazing fabric I received was from Debbie's cousin Marti who lives in Alaska.  I tried a couple variations of "Bear Paw" before I  opted for this size to show off the bear motif.


About a week ago, I started begging individuals for fabric rather than sending out general requests.  Family and friends have really jumped to help, and I received several care packages including ones from California, New Mexico & Maryland.  Promises have been made from Washington and Vermont.  I am thinking that I need to think of a project to make with all my scraps and then enter all the donors into a drawing for someone to win...ahh...whatever it is I make.  Maybe something along the lines of a 9-patch? States Still Needed:  AR, CT, GA, MA, MS, NC, RI, SC, SD, VA

1 comment:

Anne at Film and Thread said...

So happy to see the fast progress you are making! That Alaska fabric is amazing and I really love how you used it.