Saturday, August 21, 2010
Admittedly, I did spend more money than usual on the flour for the cakes, just so I could have this genuine flour sack fabric.
I finished the Florida block (Orange Peel) with fabric sent by my high school friend Melani, that she and her daughter Brie picked out.
Also, early in the project I was inspired by the leaders & enders approach and decided I could do something similar with hand work. As I cut out the pieces for each block, I use some of the leftovers to make 3 7/8 squares. Then marked the 1/4" sewing lines. Cut them apart, pressed them to the red side and trimmed them up.
So when I'm done with the State quilt, I'll have a second quilt that will look something like this.
Well, back to BBQ prep for me.