Tuesday, February 1, 2011
I haven't been completely neglecting my quilt addictions. The photo shows the first 2 9patch blocks of "$2.25 + Tax". I have the first hundred-or-so HST blocks ready to go. This afternoon I finally decided to group them 9 triangles together rather than any of the random or pinwheel patterns I'd been contemplating. In case you weren't paying attention earlier...this is the $1.25 thrift store sheet plus 2 mens cotton shirts that I got in an all-you-can-fit-in-a-bag-for $1. The funny thing about that is that this morning when I couldn't find anything to wear to work....I did wonder if the brown linen pants that I got in the $1 bag would actually fit me (after all they were my size...). Turns out they fit very well. Finding something in my Jewel Tone Wardrobe to go with them was a whole different story. In the back of the closet I found some pointy toed metalic bronze flats that I bought to go with a retro cream colored 50's dress. I was able to dust off a 40's navy blue blazer...and decided that a lime green t-shirt would be fine...since lime is a neutral color.
Most of my quilting time in January has been spent in an all-out effort to finish the Joseph's Coat. I won't post a photo since 20% done looks the same as 40 or 60% done in a photo. I was feeling jubilant thinking I was about 60% finished by mid-month. Then I made the foolish mistake of counting the ACTUAL amount of quilting left rather than the estimates I've been tracking since I was at the 20% point. Bad news: I over-estimated by 3%. Good news: I'm a tad over 72% finished. If I can stay really focused...there's hope it will be ready before it's warm enough to work in the garden.