Sunday, January 23, 2011
Lots of progress with little to show for it.
I am officially finished with all the applique on the Ojibwe inspired quilt. I decided not to add any more flowers and leave the gap as "a place to rest your eyes". That sounds better than "I just don't want to applique on this quilt any more." I plan to hand quilt with red and or yellow thread. But before I can do that, I have to finish the Joseph's Coat (I know that if I stop now, I'll never get it finished). I did about 2 hoops worth of quilting over the past couple weeks. I thought that would push me up to about 70% finished, but I did an official count and found that I'm only about 63%. DRAT.
I'm also in the process of designing 2 quilts for family members. For the first time, I've named the quilts before the designs got put on paper. "$2.25 plus tax" is for my brother Dan. It is my goal to make him a quilt using only the 2 shirts and 1 king sized fitted sheet that I bought while thrift store shopping this past week. Since one of the shirts has paint in spots, I may have to add some fabric from the stash to get it up to the goal size. The other quilt being designed is " η καραμέλα κάνει εμετό" the recipient has requested something in Andes Candies green with swirling circles. Thus the name, which translates from Greek as candy vomit.