Sunday, July 24, 2011
I started tidying the sewing area while I decided and discovered 2 packets of donations for my wedding ring quilt that had been shuffled under other things. Some were darker or greener than others I'd used, but I was able to blend with pieces from the previous piecing process. The ones on the left are the new strips and old ones on the right. The dark ones will undoubtedly stand out...but I'll work on distributing them throughout the rings and hope for the best.
I finally got to start prepping these flowers to go with the bird block. It was the preview of this applique that got me interested in the QAL in the first place.
Because I'm making changes to the design lay out, I decided it was in my best interest to use the freezer paper approach instead of my preferred back-basting. It'll take me a while to get into the groove of this approach. I threw these together just before I headed to bed...then remembered a couple tricks as I was dozing off that I need to go back and use before I start stitiching.
Saturday was spent on a fund-raising motorcycle ride. But I did manage to talk Harley Dude to leave a few minutes ahead of the group so we had time to stop at the fabric shop in Kuna. I love it when I find gorgeous batiks that I don't yet own.
Today is supposed to be HOT, so it looks like a good day to be piecing at the machine that's by the air vent.