Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend Progress

Here's another strike against piecing....2 long days at the machine and all I have to show for it is one pile of melons and pieced ring sections.  On the brigher side, it's enough to complete about 20 circles.  On the down side, my original plan needed about double that.  Realizing that I don't have enough fabric in these shades of turquoise, I revised the plan down tto36 rings which is still kind-of iffy. 

I guess I'll just have to drown my sorrows in a jar of cherries.  I ended up with 2 variations.  The Martini Cherries sat in vodka for a week, then I put them in jars, covered with more vodka and processed to be shelf stable.  The Pirate Cherries are swimming in a combination of sugar & dark rum.   Yo-ho-ho!

8 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Love your turquoise arcs!!!!

Never heard of doing cherries this way........might have to give it a try.

Wendy said...

Your arcs are coming along nicely.....can't wait to see the finished quilt....happy stitching....

Unknown said...

Your piecing is amazing and the colours just sing
Oh and those cherries - well I could make a good dent in one jar of them
You have been industrious

Julie Fukuda said...

Iffy or not, they look great!

Jen said...

What a colorful post! Love the turquoise arcs. And those cherries look to die for!

quilthexle said...

To me it looks like you have been really busy !! That quilt will be a stunner - do you need more turquoise scraps? Maybe I can find some in my stash?

Victoria said...

Don't be too hasty. I may not be the only one who just last Thursday mailed you turquoise fabrics.

Cherries. Hmmm Cherries jubilee?

MulticoloredPieces said...

Enjoyed going over your blog while hugging the AC--it's been over 100 F. in Tunisia for awhile. Love the cat quilt and the turquoise piecing is lovely. Nothing like an old sewing machine to piece on.
best, nadia