Thursday, March 8, 2012

A little piecing


I had a long list of quilty things that I wanted to do on my day off, of which I accomplished very little.

I did trim up a large stack of HST for the Citrus quilt.  I'm trying to clear out some old fabrics and decided that I really enjoyed the last 2 projects that I made with yellow.  And I found some orange that didn't really go with anything.  And this fabric that has fruit names written all over it.

I Saw the Knee Socks block at Oh, Fransson! and decided it was the perfect way to use up the leftover strips from the QOV kits.  The measurements are kind-of what the directions called for, and I have great hope that it will at least have the same vibe, if not the same look.

And much to the delight of my younger daughter, I sewed the amazing llama panel into a new drawstring/backpack bag.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That happens to me nearly every time I've a day off or a day on my own when I hope to 'play' - sometime it WILL work in my favour

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love your citrus blocks - can't wait to see what you do with them!

Annabelle said...

Lovely blocks and the llama - archie the wonder dog is cute too.
Pop over to mine for a giveaway - good luck! xx