Thursday, March 22, 2012
$2.25 Plus Tax Finished.
In case you forgot (or weren't around), this quilt was started in January 2011 as the result of reading blogs about the rising price of cotton fabric and suggestions to upcycle old shirts into quilts. I paid $1.25 for a queen sized cotton sheet and the 2 plaid shirts were part of an "all you can fit in a bag for $1" deal at another thrift store. It's a gift for my brother Dan.
with a technique that sounded stupid, and it turns out really was a bad idea.
The technique of making 4 HST at once sound great until you realize it puts all the edges as bias.
Not a big deal if you are making pinwheels.
I changed my design and got the top pieced last December and even started quilting it.
This morning as I was finishing the straight line stitching using the walking foot, I came to realize why this project was a UFO. I lose interest when I get to the BORING part of the project. Utility quilting is flat out boring.
You can see more pictures at this post. My favorite part was that I used the collars on the pillow case opening.
I'm working on the quilting on the Executive Woobie - the silk tie quilt. It's being stitched to some soft minkee style fleece. It's going to feel yummy! Stay tuned for my next finish!