Sunday, April 22, 2012

Shop Hop Round 1



As we were out looking for replacement mirrors for the  new bike, I made a quick detour to the LQS to pick up my Shop Hop Passport.  Normally I would have by-passed this door prize, but seriously...how could I resist.   Nothing says "Bad-ass Biker" like a quilt shop fob.

Mom, if you remember how to get to my blog and you are reading this, please be sure you're sitting and take a deep breath before continuing on.



Today was my first ride on my Big Girl Bike.  OK, it was really my first REAL ride ever.  I took a 15 hour motorcycle skills class last weekend and discovered that despite never having ridden before, I was actually pretty good.  And when I was "just looking" this week, I found the bike I wanted at a reasonable price.  Perfect way to practice? Shop Hop.   I bought 7 pieces of batik that I did not yet own.   The sewing gauge and pressing tool were door prizes.  We passed on the yard stick at Cindy's since we were on the bikes.


Have you seen this Kaufman print?  So worth the outrageous $12.50/yard for a 1/2 yard to make headbands.  I'll wear it on the bike.

And at staff meetings at work.

I think I can fit more fabric into these saddle bags than I can possibly afford.

But if I'm wrong...please note in the top right of the photo, that the bike has a very nice luggage rack.

Note to self: buy cargo net for bike asap...just in case.

5 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh my!!! Poor mother...lol. Congrats to you on bike riding. I tried the bike course here...It is a weekend thing. I couldn't go through it; I found out I had anxiety attacks on the bike...there were 15 new bikers(I use that word loosely) in a parking area...not huge. I would be fine; crusing along...then all hell would break loose...I panic; squeeze both handle grips...good thing the clutch was one of them!!!!

Enjoy your bike.

Unknown said...

I hope your Mom is OK now, after reading this ....
Way to go girl, be safe and enjoy, your purchases look great
I've been pulling my batik stash and have the potential for 3 quick curve ruler quilts with them - next challenge ;o)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

The bike looks great, as does the new fabric!

Raewyn said...

What a great way to collect fabric!! So the new bike (last post) was yours, huh? have fun!!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Now THAT'S my idea of a great use for saddlebags! Congratulations on your new ride. You go, Girl! Remember, "Rubber side down"!

From a fellow Biker Chick!
xoxo
Donna