Sunday, May 4, 2014

UFO Sunday

UFO #15, The Puce 'Treuse Goose on Spruce,  is on the machine.  I had worked out an elaborate FMQ design, but in the end decided to keep it simple.  I stitched the rows of geese using the walking foot.  Now I'm going back and stitching a zig-zag across the rows, following the outline of the goose points.  There are 2 outer borders which I will try some feathers.  What's a goose quilt without feathers?

I've discovered (the hard way) that more than a couple hours a week at the machine can trigger migraines for me.  So I'm pacing myself today.   I've tidied the studio.  And put another UFO up on the design wall.
I recently learned that a guy friend is getting married in June.  I was hoping that I could use one of my almost finished quilts as a gift.  But when I scrolled through the bride-to-be's Facebook pictures, I noticed that she always wears black or white.

Remember the Stack-and-whack kaleidoscope craze a while ago?  I did a couple that left me feeling kind of 'Mmeehhh".   I bought a piece of toile that I thought would work really well.  I liked the outcome, but I'd only bought enough for a couple dozen blocks and lost interest by the time the fabric was no longer available.  I have several ideas I like, but they would involve unstitching a lot of seams.  I don't think she's a quilter...I think I have a cheat I can use that will be un-noticeable to mere mortals.

So...it's up on the wall for me to ponder while I quilt.

No comments: