Monday, December 29, 2014

Pickle Dish

I had some grand sewing plans for the 3 days of vacation I took when the decision was made to close the office Wed-Fri for Christmas.

In reality, I ate too much, drank too much, read 3 novels and took an unplanned 600 mile road trip.

A midst all that, I managed to start a paper piecing project.  The pattern is listed as Pickle Dish, Eyelashes as well as a Wedding Ring variation.

I am still auditioning fabrics for the center as well as the outside.  I have some red/black fabrics in the drier right now.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Those are striking. :) Hey, sounds like you did Christmas break right!

Amy said...

Wow, that sounds like a fulfilling break to me. Zip sewing time and finished one book. But the prodigal son was home for the holiday, so the local daughter came home with her dog. It was fun. I'll miss them when they leave tomorrow.

Nanna said...

intresting quiltblock, it also makes you think of the fan pattern, happy sewing!
Helen