Saturday, July 4, 2015

Clothing Finish!

This took forever, but I finally got a dress finished.
Used my fussy cutting skills to add some details to the top.

Finally got the boob issue resolved.  Turns out that my nipple line is 6" below the armpit and patterns are drafted for a nipple line at 1.5".  I now have 3 patterns fitted now so hopefully future sewing will go more smoothly.  I've also figured out that a size 14 is the right spot to start, not the 18 that the pattern suggests based upon my measurements.  That revelation prevented neckline issues that have haunted my efforts in the past.   

The zipper didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped, but I think that was related to the lining I added to the bodice.  This view suggest much of my chest measurement is related to  a wide rib cage

I have 3 more of these panels.  Now to decide how to adjust my existing patterns to show off the embroidery / painting that's on them.  

1 comment: