Monday, December 21, 2015

Finished Steam Punk Octagons

This quilt is finally done.  It started with an inspiration quilt from AmandaJean @ Crazy Mom Quilts  I contacted her when I originally posted this in April and she noted that she had not yet finished her original quilt.  My version was a bit oversized, but worked out quite well.

This quilt is for my nephew Phillip.   I have designed 3 different quilts for this boy but none of them really resonated.  He likes paisleys and he's a mechanic.  So, here you have my solution.
I failed to point out in the previous post, that his Evil Twin, Keeley, designed the Gear Paisleys.

  While he has no interest in dragonflies, this is MY thing.  What's not to love about the gear-mouth, goggle-eyed, key body dragonfly?  (And how cool is that houndstooth print as a binding?)
Here's my pride and joy.  A 5" x 2" close up.  Not perfect, but joyously detailed.

Looking forward to delivering this later this week!

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You did a great job!! I love the hexies.

Amy said...

Phillip is going to LOVE his quilt! (My husband is Phillip with 2 L's too.) The gears and steampunk theme are fun, and show your prowess in machine quilting. And you betcha, that houndstooth is the perfect finish. Job well done!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love the key dragonflies!