Friday, November 25, 2016

Desert Rose Piecing Finished

I had great hopes of getting this quilt pieced about a week ago so I could be quilting this Thanksgiving Weekend.  But then there was that math error.  I think that the work around turned out great.   In fact, better than the original plan in many ways.   But it did take a LONG time since I had to lay it all on the floor and make sure it was going to work out.   There was also a lot of unpicking of seams.  And twice I had had 2 blocks get a quarter turn off.  Of course, in the middle of the quilt.

I have posted pictures periodically on my Facebook for friends and family.   It's easy to tell the quilters from the non-quilters by the comments.  Non-quilters post things like "very pretty".  Quilters post "Too.Many.Points"  and "WTF"..

We're off to watch some football, but hopefully will get this sandwiched before the weekend is over and I can finally do what I like best.  Quilt.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Nicely done! I admire your perseverance on this one. I hope your recipient realizes what a gigantic effort this quilt is taking! And now for the fun part!!!