Friday, April 15, 2011

Even More Shop Hop Blocks

This block from the Charm Shack (Ontario) was one of my 3 favorites.  Unfortunately, when I pulled the material out, I discovered that what looked like a fuchsia batik at a distance, was actually a print fabric, and quite orange.  It was swapped out for this batik.

The blue is more grey than the others I've been using, but hopefully will blend in the long run.

The "Two-Fer" block from Quilts Plus (Halfway) was much more rainbowy than I was looking for.  The yellow and red definitely had to go.  The pink was if-y...much more orange in real life than the photo.  And as much as I like a good leprechaun green...this just wasn't doing anything for me.   Fortunately all but the green are great batiks that I will certainly use in other ways.

 I kept the dk blue, lt purple and dk green as well as the provided black and pulled the rest from the stash.

Huge thanks to Bailey who is picking up a kit for me in Crouch tomorrow.  That was 10 hours into the hop for us and I didn't realize until I got home that I forgot to buy a kit while I was purchasing my huge stack of other fabrics.

1 comment:

Bailey said...

Thanks for the link! I'm looking forward to visiting this shop for the first time!