Thursday, April 14, 2011

More Shop Hop Blocks

I have to admit that I didn't like this block much before I started working with it today.  Now I think it would be great for a whole quilt.  This was the block from Nancy's Quilts (Nampa) except I substituted the lime for white.  Both the black and pink were part of the original kit.  I LOVE it with this color combo!!!  It was also super easy.  It's a 9-patch block that is cut in quarters and re-assembled.  Very nice.

I also sewed up the "Whimsy Heart" from Granny's Attic (McCall) as it was in the kit.  I hadn't done foundation piecing for a while, so I sewed several sections down the wrong way.  I also was concerned the whole time that I would run out of fabric if I'd misaligned something.  The only negative about this block, is that I liked Ethne's suggestion to put these all on point...but I think the tipped heart might look weird.

My goal is to keep chipping away at the kits, at least one a day on the average.  I say that b/c the Quilt Crossing block is an applique. Since it was my first block, I started it by hand...and feel obligated to finish that way.   The stems & flowers are done...and the leaves basted.

No comments: