Monday, April 6, 2015

2 Projects Finished

I am finished with the IWMC quilt and am extremely pleased with the binding.  Need to add the hanging sleeve tonight while watching TV, and awaiting a stand so I can take detailed pictures.

This morning I headed to the sewing room to reorganize the mess that's been accumulating while I was working on other things.  I decided to take some time and do something with these panels.  They were originally planned to be the 3 front panels of a skirt which you can read about here.  After getting this far, I lost momentum.  Today, I couldn't bear to just throw them out, so instead they became a 24" x 28" doll blanket.  I even had the binding in the stash.

From this project, I learned that William Morris motifs could be wonderful quilting, if I were to use a light background.

I found a skirt like my inspiration photo on sale for $10, so no need to finish this one.

The other side is a batik re-purposed from curtains from one of my daughter's bedroom from the grade school era.

Next up: sewing patches on biker vests, and prepping the last 4 Benjamin Biggs applique blocks that I haven't started.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

You star - well done for slogging on through the unpicking. You did the right thing and it is great.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Great job on it!!!!!

Amy said...

From what you've shown us, you tease, it's brilliant! Can't wait til you get that stand and let us see the whole quilt. Love that you repurposed the skirt as doll quilts. Very cool, very fun.

Amy said...

From what you've shown us, you tease, it's brilliant! Can't wait til you get that stand and let us see the whole quilt. Love that you repurposed the skirt as doll quilts. Very cool, very fun.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Bravo!