Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Evolution Tipped

While this project sat completely ignored since July ( see that post at this link), I have rapidly made progress, mostly this week (progression post here).  I finished what I had been considering the "bottom" corners (now the left corners from this view) this evening and took this shot on the floor after evening up the edges.

At this point I briefly considered extending the outer box that appears from this angle.  But then I decided to simply be done.  I've added a narrow border of the medium blue all the way around and was in the process of adding a 6" blue strip and a 6" dark green strip on what would be the top and bottom of this view to widen that direction when I ran out of bobbin and declared today's session over.  The version in the photo is about 46" x 70".

I have some ideas for quilting this that I am looking forward to trying, so hopefully I will get to that point sometime this weekend.


Plum Cox said...

I LOVE this! What a great looking quilt design. Love the changes of scale and rhythm in it! Glad that you are making progress on it.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

So cool to see the "evolution" of this design! You started with some HSTs and have created something unique while also using up your scraps and a few orphan blocks! I feel inspired to try this too. Thanks for sharing!