Saturday, November 14, 2009

Coral Reef Quilt



Although I've nearly finished 2 more of the Joseph's Coat blocks, I've spent my quilting time this week working on the Joy In the New Year UFO Challenge. The biggest, most time consuming item is finishing up the Coral Reef quilt. This monster is 96" square. I finished the applique in a couple months, but it's been years and years of quilting...mostly because I start feeling like I'll never get it done so give up and work on something else. I had to go buy another 200 meter spool of light green quilting thread, and am about half way through the blue one. I figure that by the time I'm done, it will be between 1/4 and 1/3 mile of hand quilting. The echo quilting is about 1/2" apart and my stitches really tiny (8 per inch on the front side or 15-16/" if you count stitches the same way people in the East count points on deer).


No comments: