I started my day with good intentions to finish up some UFOs. But I knew I was going to spend the afternoon waiting. Guitar Girl has started cosmetology school and Saturday was "Live Model" day for haircuts. So I traced the pattern on the back of the fabric for back basting before I left. I got the basting & cutting out done while waiting for Skater Girl to get her hair cut as well as stitching down one side and one set of "fingers". I finished up the rest during the BSU football game (the final score was 48-0...it didn't take full attention to watch.)
However, I was distracted enough that I cut through the background as well as the green fabric. A section on the bias, of course. I had some white silk thread with me. In the end, I had to back it with a scrap cut from the corner and darned the eyeball back together. I'll pretend that it just adds a "twinkle" to his eye.
Oh, and I did actually finish a project in the morning. However, it's one that I claimed to finish in January. It's the purple quilt that I helped Skater Girl to make in 3rd & 4th grade. Over the last Christmas break, she quilted it and I sewed on the binding thinking that she could sew the binding to the back by hand. She got bored and quit after 5". I finished the binding and had her sign it Saturday. It's now washed and on her bed.