A couple evenings of the news has netted this much of a heron wing. Unfortunately, I made a major mistake. I was hating the uneven basting lines that I had on the circles. I had, however, hand stitched the center circle. So I left the center circle and pulled the other basting lines, figuring I'd draw them by hand or just eyeball it from the center. After I had started cutting, I realized that the middle circle was supposed to be a "hole" not a "button". Ooops. Design change time. I'm going to wait until I have the surrounding applique done to decide if I'm going to try to fix my mistake with another circle (not quite enough room), a wonky-off centered circle (everything else is fairly symmetrical) or detailed quilting. I'm pretty happy with the way the rest of the lines turned out. The pattern lines are slightly wiggly and uneven lengths, which makes it easy to do 'correctly'. I can't tell you why...but that just makes me happy somehow.