Friday, December 3, 2010

Momsicles Popsicles.

This is it.  I'm finally pulling out Momsicles Popsicles from the hiding place that it went to then end of June.  To catch you all up.  My cousin-in-law Terrece Beesley is an amazing watercolor artist who gave me permission to make a quilt from one of her paintings.   You can actually buy this original painting or a print of it at this website.  

I spent much of June fussy cutting little pieces to represent the colored funnies that are the background of the painting.  I must admit that I can't wait to actually make the popsicle sections, but that will be the reward for all the time spent on the background.  I could have, of course, made it far more abstract...but that's not really me now is it?  I feel so obligated to make an accurate representation.  I have to admit, that stepping away from it in a photo like this does make it feel worthwhile.
     I'm posting it here to be accountable.  I have committed to making this #1 priority for the next 3 days.  If I promise to post progress...I must make some.

1 comment:

syocom said...

that looks amazing, I look forward to seeing your progress.