Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Merlot Experiment

Yeah, sure...I could go buy some dye.  But I really wanted to know if the Merlot that stains my favorite clothing might have a beneficial effect on my quilt.

Turns out that after heating with the iron, Merlot turns rather brown.... but still the effect I was going for (click to enlarge).  Still plan to add shadowing, etc with quilt stitches, so not overwhelmed with the need to make exactly right now.

Here's a section from the right side.  It exemplifies my mixed need for detail and abstract.  I hand appliqued the stool top, but used a great batik for section to it's right.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's curious what we are prepared to try out and experiment with for our craft ;0)

Raewyn said...

I am watching these posts with interest - it's great watching the process!!!