Saturday, March 26, 2011
I am finding that I am pulled between a desire to add interesting detail, and the logic to take advantage of the batik to add variation. I also realized that of the 3 prints that I have of the painting, some lack detail and others were cropped. I didn't realize until late this morning that the blob in my pattern on the left corner was a pirate. Getting the red staining to match up b/w the different fabrics has also been a challenge. This is actually the 3rd version of the right side of this section.
I need to move away from the detail and on to the big section in the interest of space and time. My living room looks like a fabric store barfed all over it.