Friday, June 3, 2011
I wanted really white batting for the Blue Lemonaide quilt since there's so much white in the piecing and it's fairly thin material (I used a cotton sheet). I headed to the fabric store where I discovered that there was no bleached cotton, so I'd be stuck buying a poly batt. I decided to give this product a try.
It did not "steam to baste all three layers instantly". After 30 minutes of trying different settings, a spray bottle, and even the promise of adhering one side at a time w/o steam....I had a 1foot x 3 foot section of stiff batting sitting smugly b/w the front and back all by itself.
I gave up and grabbed a cotton batting from the garage and started pin-basting, when I discovered that half my basting pins have gone missing. Arg.
The thread broke every 8 inches. I don't know if it was the age of the product, the product itself or my machine. After the 9th rethreading of the machine I just gave up.