Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday WIP - Bird & Shop Hop

I really had great hopes of getting a lot of quilting done over the long weekend.  My hopes and reality didn't quite meet up.

I did sneak this project into my bag for Saturday's road trip and stitched down most of a bird.

And I spent far too much time quilting the shop hop blocks after I'd decided to try a new-to-me variation of quilt as you go.  Which allowed me to over-quilt (as I am prone to do anyway) and use all the very cool varigated threat that I've been collecting.  Then at some point I decided to buy a new darning foot and get serious about practicing my free motion quilting.  There were really only 2 sections that were so bad I felt compelled to pick them out.  It's currently in the washing machine.  Being as how there are more things that I dislike about this quilt than I like, I decided to cut my losses & skip the planned borders leaving me with a 52" square which is a dandy size for a baby quilt.

4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm thinking of quilying my batik quilt with varrigated thread. Is there any brand you recommend?

Unknown said...

Looking good Marjorie and GAYG will make it much easier to pull your 'shop' panels together

Annabella said...

The bird is adorable - I have to try applique!

Bunny said...

Yor blocks are pretty. Love your appliqué block.