Sunday, December 15, 2013
The new white-on-white fabric that I bought at Hancock Fabric this fall is shockingly thin.
I need to buy a new Red Pigma to darken the info I wrote on each block before I sandwich this top together to quilt it.
I freehand drew a few flowers and a leaf from the Ojibwe quilt to try some fill ideas.
My first attempt didn't go very well, so in the sober light of day, I re-stitched the leaf outline.
I used a variegated thread that is yellow/gold/brown for the flowers and leaf, then changed to a yellow/pale yellow variegated when I did the pebbling.
It is better with dense quilting like this though.
Back to whittling away at my UFO pile, little bits at a time.