Sunday, March 1, 2015
The edge that I have been considering the "straight" and "plumb" edge, is actually 7 inches different from one end to the other if the far (near in photo) end is considered "flush".
Apparently, each time I added a row, the variability in the quilting and loft, splayed out the lower edge. There is about a 4 inch bow along what is the "top edge" in this photo.
This side can't actually be cut off as that edge is actually relatively square to the "upper" edge (minus the bow)
This means that the other edge is about 2 inches off on each connecting row.
So it's still a rectangle, though technically a parallelogram.
I am horrified as this was intended to be a gift. For my friend Carol. Whom I consider very Type A. However, she has a weak spot for art. After a couple of text message reassurances that she still wants the quilt, I finished the last connecting binding.
It is currently going through the wash/dry process in hopes that the magic of Quilting Shrinkage solves everything.Or at least something.