Sunday, May 16, 2010

Road Trip

My dining room still looks like a fabric store barfed all over it.  My quilting plans ended with the phone call Friday night from my brother trying to fix my mother's cell phone.  She's also having trouble with her house phone, leaving this lovely little old lady with no way to contact the family.  Saturday morning, older daughter (Guitar Girl) and I hopped in the car, cranked up the music and headed across the state (~540 miles round trip).  Fixed phone.  Delivered belated mothers day flowers from my garden.  Took her to lunch.  Drove home.   Total time in car: 9 hours.  Total time fixing phone: 3 minutes.
By having Guitar Girl drive, I was able to attach the label and hanging sleeves to the Black Columbine quilt that is to be hanging at the Pinecone Theater this summer and leave it in E. Idaho to be delivered to West Yellowstone.  I need to edit some directions, then this pattern will be available for sale under the Victoria Rose label.

I also finished several of the Joseph's Coat blocks.  I think that I'm within a few hours of having the 49 blocks finished.
While we were there, I remembered to snap this photo of the blue mum quilt that I made for her a few mothers days ago.  Sorry, but I can't find the pattern and don't remember the designer.  Can anyone help me out?

Oh!  And don't forget about the Blogger's Quilt Festival that starts next week.  Button on the side bar gives directions on how to join.  I'm planning on entering the Coral Reef quilt.

2 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

Yes, plans are made to be changed, right? You've changed your weekend plans twice! But you still had time for a little quilting. I can't believe that you have nearly finished all the JC blocks! Have a great week ahead.

connie said...

I think this is a pattern from Pacific Rim Quilt Company, the name of the pattern is Two Mums and one of the creators is Nancy Chong a friend of mine. :-) It is beautiful.