Well, the head-cold status has moved from "Wretched" to "Rotten". I'm trying to wean off the meds as I feel that I'm existing in a world between "Fantasia" and "Matrix". I took another day off to recover, but decided to live dangerously...using both irons and rotary cutters. The risk paid off and I got much done (and no band-aids).
Monet's painting is really blue & green.
You'll have to use your imagination on this part. The upper green is part of the parasol. The lower green blob is the upper part of the woman's face. The blank spaces are 2 shades of green that were completely wrong, and a shade of blue that I didn't have enough of (thanks to the re-arrangement of colors...see paragraph 2). These are all fused to a printed interfacing made by Quiltsmart. Unfortunately I misread the panel size as being the number of squares. I'm saving the panels for the detailed sections of the woman and the boy. I hope to get lots done on this quilt over the next couple weeks to keep me motivated to finish.