Monday, January 27, 2014

21 and 22 Finished

Not only did I finish a quilt, I made 2 Cat Mats from the leftovers AND delivered them to their new home.  Here they are in their new habitat.

After I finished the strip piecing for the quilt, I found I had all kinds of fussy cut bits, some of which were already sewn into sets to make mirror image designs.  The cat of that house is madly in love with the last quilt I made for the couple.  I made kitty her own quilt.  This one had a double thickness of wool batting.

I had more scraps than would fit in one mini quilt, so I made 2.  I figured that if the cats don't like them, the couple does have twin baby girls and they can each have a dolly blanket.

They were really just an excuse for me to keep practicing FMQ.

And I delivered it along with a vanilla latte.  Because that's what friends do. 


2 comments:

Amy said...

Purrfect! Have the cats used them yet, or did they decide that the humans can have these new quilts and they will keep the old one?

Corina said...

very pretty!