Some of the symptoms common to addictions are:
· Tolerance - the need to engage in the addictive behavior more and more to get the desired effect
· Withdrawal happens when the person does not take the substance or engage in the activity, and they experience unpleasant symptoms, which are often the opposite of the effects of the addictive behavior
· Difficulty cutting down or controlling the addictive behavior
· Social, occupational or recreational activities becoming more focused around the addiction, and important social and occupational roles being jeopardized
· The person becoming preoccupied with the addiction, spending a lot of time on planning, engaging in, and recovering from the addictive behavior Source: addictions.about.com
So...now that I've diagnosed my problem, let me use symptom 4 (social activities) to tell you all about symptom 5 (spending a lot of time on planning...)
Hmmm...I think that today's off-site team building workshop is only a couple miles from the quilt shop in Kuna....