Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back to Applique

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice and comment on the fact that for someone who disdains piecing, I seem to have posted a lot of it recently.  It's a lot like doing the laundry and washing the dishes...just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that I'm not good at it.

I'm actually making good progress on the Joseph's Coat.  I'm 2 petals away from having the uncompleted full blocks finished.  And I have 3 of the 1/2 blocks to go.  Rows 3 & 4 are stitched together and 5 started.

While on the back of the Harley Sunday, I worked out why it was that I hadn't finished my Baltimore Album style, National Park block that I designed about 5 years ago.   I bogged down on the Lupines.  I was thinking that it was because of the little pieces that I designed for the flowers.  But I didn't like the way that the petals looked.  Sunday I realized the solution, and cut away all of them on the Right side.  If I like how the repaired ones turn out, I'll fix that one on the left.  I also figured out a  3-d version of the lupine flowers.  I'll tell you how, if the plan actually works.   This block is my Grand Teton National Park block.  The flowers (left to right): Lupine, Wild Geranium, Indian Paintbrush,  Arrow Leaf Balsam Root, Huckleberries (the leaves are there, berries go on last), then  more paintbrush and lupine.

No comments: